Dear Lewis Alumni,
Below you will find a form which can be used to register as an alumni volunteer as well as sign you up to receive our volunteer newsletter. Your interest in supporting Lewis through actions is invaluable to students, faculty, and alumni. Volunteer opportunities are fluid; some are permanent, some are fleeting, and they change regularly. This form will designate you as an interested graduate, which will allow us to contact you for future volunteer needs.
Here are some examples of how to volunteer at Lewis University:
Volunteer Your Expertise - With nearly 40,000 alumni and Lewis providing more than 80 undergraduate majors and programs of study, 25 graduate programs, and accelerated programs for working adults, the experiences of our alumni are an invaluable resource for our current students and other graduates.
- Classroom/Student Organization Guest Speaker
- Networking Event Presenter/Participant
- Webinar Host - perfect for out-of-state alumni!
Volunteer for the Office of Admission - Lewis has students from all over the United States and representing more than 30 countries all over the world. We need your help promoting Lewis to ensure that we continue to have a diverse student body.
- Yield Event Host (small, informal gathering for prospective students at your home)
- Write a letter to a group of prospective students who live near you or want to pursue a career in your field! The support we provide through our Office of Alumni Relations makes this process easy with a very small demand on your time.
Volunteer for Current Students - Have you seen the new Science Center, the Multi-Purpose Athletic and Recreation Complex and the renovations to the Oremus Fine Arts Center on the Main Campus in Romeoville? Come back and reminisce about your time at Lewis with current Flyers!
- Welcome Days Helper
- ICE Class Game Show Host
- Dinner for 10 Host (co-sponsor a dinner with another alumnus for 8 students)
- Commencement Volunteer (assisting the graduates before ceremony begins)
Feel free to contact Margaret Grabowski '10, Assistant Director of Alumni Relations, at email@example.com expressing your interests, and she would be happy to set up a time to speak with you.