Lewis University Nursing Alumni Network
Welcome to the Lewis University Nursing Alumni Network (LU-NAN).
Please be sure to read the first issue of our LU-NAN newsletter online for more information regarding the CONHP expansion, professional opportunities, a look back at the past and present, our Student Nurses Association, an introduction to our new LU-NAN President and Alumni Achievement Award Recipient Cheryl Portner '10, how to join us on LinkedIn, and some interesting facts about the nursing program. If you would like to honor a faculty or staff member - or help build the future of the CONHP at Lewis Unviersity - make a gift here. For more information on the nursing program, visit lewisu.edu.
(If you cannot see the slideshow below, view the photos of the CONHP construction here).
Greetings! On May 31, 2014, the Lewis University Nursing Alumni Network (LU-NAN) held its annual board meeting to review the past year and to elect the leadership team for the 2014-2015 year. I am pleased to introduce the 2014-2015 leadership team. Members of the leadership team are:
We congratulate the 2013-2014 board and thank them for their leadership and service. We anticipate great things ahead for LU-NAN, but we can’t do it alone. So, how do you get involved? We have two committees that meet by conference call on a bi-monthly basis, and both need excited, engaged volunteers. They are:
- Past President – Cheryl Portner MSN ’10
- President – Linda Steffens ’07 MSN ’10
- Vice President – Donna Martin MSN ’06
- Networking Committee Chair – Pat McCarthy ’97
- Professional Development Committee Chair – Karen Nicholson MS ’10
- At-Large Board Member – Tim Osterhaus ’04, BSN ’11
- At-Large Board Member – John Kufer BSN ’08
- At-Large Board Member – Elizabeth Jilek ’14
We invite you to get involved with these committees as we set and meet our goals for the 2014-2015 year. The schedule for the committees is as follows:
- Networking Committee – This committee fosters mentoring, networking, and social events between fellow alumni and students. It reconnects alumni through varied events of interest.
- Professional Development Committee – This committee promotes continued learning among nursing professionals. It works with the College of Nursing & Health Professions to program continuing education opportunities that are valuable to you.
Both committees will meet via conference call which can be accessed by calling 1 (888) 398-2342. The access code for the conference calls is 7638568. We are also planning a webinar, Lateral Bullying in Hospitals, on August 6, 2014 at 12:00 p.m CST. CEU credit will be available for those participating in the webinar. It is our sincere hope that you will get involved and help support this organization. If you have any other questions, or would like to provide feedback or event ideas, please contact Joe Volin ’08, Assistant Director of Alumni Relations at email@example.com (815) 836-5472. Have a fantastic day and go Flyers!
- Professional Development Committee: Tuesday June 24, 2014 – 5:30 p.m. CST
- Networking Committee: Tuesday July 1, 2014 – 5:30 p.m. CST
Linda Steffens ’07 MSN ’10
President, Lewis University Nursing Alumni Network
Do you have a favorite faculty or staff member you'd like to recognize?